Gilt Management for Lifetime Performance
What: This autumn we held a series of meetings with industry experts, providing practical advice on optimising productivity from your gilts.
The meetings addressed three crucial aspects of gilt management: optimising longevity and lifetime potential, nutrition and practical considerations for first parity sows.
- Introduction; AHDB Pork
- Understanding Longevity; Stephen Hall, Stephen Hall Management
- Nutritional Strategies During key Stages; Rosemarijn Gerritsen/John Boyd, ForFarmers
- Practical Considerations for the P1 Sow; John Hayden, Integra Veterinary Services
- Action for productivity 27 Gilt Management - selection to puberty
- Action for productivity 33 Gilt Management - service to farrowing
- Action for productivity 34 Gilt Management - integration outdoors
- Action for productivity 35 Gilt Management - Isolation & Acclimatisation
- Managing the Gilt Selection to Service - Presentation
- Feeding and Management of rearing gilts - Presentation