Gilt Management for Lifetime Performance
What: In March we ran a series of meetings with industry experts providing practical advice on selecting the correct gilt and rearing for maximum potential.
The meetings addressed three crucial periods of a gilt's life: birth to weaning, rearing to final selection at 100kg, and selection to managing the gilt at service, with a producer talking about their own successful gilt management strategy.
- Action for productivity 27 Gilt Management - selection to puberty
- Action for productivity 33 Gilt Management - service to farrowing
- Action for productivity 34 Gilt Management - integration outdoors
- Action for productivity 35 Gilt Management - Isolation & Acclimatisation
- Managing the Gilt Selection to Service - Presentation
- Feeding and Management of rearing gilts - Presentation