Did you know?
A unit which introduced night time inspections in its farrowing houses saw an increase in born alive from 11.4 to 12.34, a mortality reduction from 11.2% to 9.16% and an extra three pigs reared/sow/year (26 from 23). See Farm Case Study 33.
Research into Action
Outcomes from cutting-edge research that can be applied on farm.
Action for Productivity Factsheets
On-farm targets for producers with advice and guidelines on how to achieve them.
- Action for productivity 5 Creep Feeding
- Action for productivity 10 Cleaning & Disinfection
- Action for productivity 13 Biosecurity
- Action for productivity 14 Newborn Management
- Action for productivity 16 Water Supply
- Action for productivity 17 Colostrum
- Action for productivity 24 Pre-weaning
- Action for productivity 38 Farrowing House
Farm Case Studies
Practical, innovative and inexpensive ideas that could be relevant to producers.
- Case Study 1 Nurtinger Intensive Rearing System.pdf
- Case Study 6 Creep Training.pdf
- Case Study 7 Cleaning & Disinfection.pdf
- Case Study 12 Nooyen Farrowing Crates.pdf
- Case Study 13 Piglet Slap Marking.pdf
- Case Study 17 Creep Feeding For Maximum Performance.pdf
- Case Study 28 Split suckling.pdf
- Case Study 33 Night checks.pdf
Knowledge Transfer Bulletins
Topical information sheets covering a range of subjects.
Template instructions of what should be done for a specific task, how and when it should be completed and the responsibilities and standards expected.