Small pig management
Did you know?
Simple, well-managed creep feeding in the farrowing house can make a significant improvement in survival rates of piglets. Two trials showed the following:
See Farm Case Study 6
|Trial 1||Pre-wean mortality %|
|Without creep training||19.9%|
|With creep training||11.5%|
|Trial 2||Pre-wean mortality %|
|Without creep training||18.5%|
|With creep training||14.5%|
Reseach into Action
Outcomes from cutting-edge research that can be applied on farm.
Action for Productivity Factsheets
On-farm targets for producers with advice and guidelines on how to achieve them.
- Action for productivity 5 Creep Feeding
- Action for productivity 6 Enzootic pneumonia.pdf
- Action for productivity 9 Establishing the weaner.pdf
- Action for productivity 11 Increasing uniformity.pdf
- Action for productivity 13 Biosecurity
- Action for productivity 14 Newborn Management
- Action for productivity 15 Pen Management.pdf
- Action for productivity 16 Water Supply
- Action for productivity 17 Colostrum
Farm Case Studies
Practical, innovative and inexpensive ideas that could be relevant to producers.
- Case Study 1 Nurtinger Intensive Rearing System.pdf
- Case Study 2 Kennel Conversions.pdf
- Case Study 6 Creep Training.pdf
- Case Study 7 Cleaning & Disinfection.pdf
- Case Study 9 The Bygholm Sieve.pdf
- Case Study 17 Creep Feeding For Maximum Performance.pdf
- Case Study 18 Post-Weaning Performance.pdf
- Case Study 28 Split suckling.pdf
Knowledge Transfer Bulletins
Topical information sheets covering a range of subjects.