Meat quality is normally described by a number of factors such as its appearance, smell, firmness, juiciness, tenderness and flavour.
Meat and eating quality research has been carried out with key objective to identify and understand the factors that determine the eating quality and how they can be influenced. Click here for details of the research.
- target pork quality 6 - Boar Taint and its Control.pdf
- target pork quality 5 - Evaluating pork eating quality.pdf
- target pork quality 4 - Ageing and the impact on meat quality.pdf
- target pork quality 3 - Carcase chilling systems and their impact on meat quality.pdf
- target pork quality 2 - The use of pH meters at pork processing plants.pdf
- target pork quality 1 - Opportunities for improving the quality of pork.pdf