Part of the AHDB Pork ‘Going for Growth’ strategy is about engaging more with pig producers and the wider industry.
Four regional forums were set up in October 2014, made up of producers, vets and allied industry representatives, to provide a clear two-way feedback route between the industry and AHDB Pork.
In 2016, they are open meetings and all pig producers and members of the allied industry are encouraged to attend.
The forums are a means of listening to the wider industry and they enable members to provide more direct input into proposed AHDB Pork technical activity and feedback on the quality and relevance of AHDB Pork work.
The main objectives are:
- To discuss how best to go about improving key performance indicators for closing the physical pig performance gap in the region
- To get feedback on AHDB Pork knowledge transfer activity and collect new ideas
- To achieve better coordination within the regions and work more effectively with other businesses to avoid duplication
- For the forums to be a ‘critical friend’ to AHDB Pork.
The AHDB Pork regional knowledge transfer managers coordinate the forums in the north, south, east and central regions.
Building and equipment manufacturers are also represented via their own specific forum.
They each meet twice a year, with the chairs of each forum representing their regions on the AHDB Pork board’s technical subgroup.
- Eastern Regional Forum Notes October 2015.pdf
- Central Regional Forum Notes October 2015.pdf
- Northern Forum Notes October 2015.pdf
- Southern Forum Notes October 2015.pdf
- BPEX Regional Forums Combined Notes March 2015.pdf