Biosecurity is the set of practical measures taken by pig businesses to limit the spread of infectious diseases, both within a farm and from one farm to another, or from elsewhere, eg the abattoir. Reducing the spread of disease will help to maintain the health of the unit, reduce the costs of disease and maintain productivity.
Ensuring good biosecurity throughout the entire supply chain is the first line of defence against exotic and emerging diseases such as ASF and PEDv.
- AHDB Pork Action for Productivity 13: Biosecurity
- AHDB Pork Action for Productivity 10: Cleaning & disinfection
- Defra advice on national and farm biosecurity
- Efficacy of some disinfectant compounds against porcine bacterial pathogens
- Biosecurity guidelines factsheet
- Visitor policy factsheet
- Vehicle biosecurity factsheet
- Biosecurity for Smallholders
- Order your FREE biosecurity fence and foot dip signs and hand sanitisers
- AHDB Pork Disinfectant Checklist