The industry is made up of a huge variety of production systems with herds ranging from just a handful of sows to thousands. Each of these businesses has an important part to play in the overall success of the industry, whether it’s commercial lines or rare breeds it is important to know that the support and information is out there.
Our last round of meetings, aimed specifically at small-scale producers, took place in February and March 2019. The next meetings will take place in the autumn.
In addition to AHDB Pork publications and services, the following links provide useful information more specific to small-scale pig keeping.
Practical Pigs magazine features
- Pig Hub
- Electronic medicine book for pigs (eMB-Pigs)
- eAML2 – electronic pig movement licensing
- Significant Diseases Charter
- Practical Pig app
- British Pig Association
- The Smallholder Series: Practical Guides
- Country Smallholding
- Smallholder magazine
- Common Disease Conditions Diagnosed in Smallholder and Pet Pigs - click here
- Small-herd biosecurity photostory
If you require assistance other than the above please contact your regional KE Manager. Click here for details.