Prices & Stats
The Prices & Stats pages contain a wealth of information about the UK and EU pig industry, produced by the AHDB Market Intelligence team. They cover the following topics:
- Prices – provides access to GB and EU pig and weaner prices, as well as prices for pig feed. Latest prices are published here, with historic prices also available
- Production – contains pig slaughterings and pig meat production data for both GB and EU countries, along with carcase weights and back fat levels. In addition, latest forecasts for future UK supplies are available.
- Consumption – provides statistics on GB, UK and EU pig meat consumption and retail sales.
- Imports / Exports – contains the latest monthly and year-to-date UK trade figures for pig meat, along with related information and back issues of AHDB Pork’s weekly export trade bulletin.
- Costings & Herd Performance – covers the latest data on the physical performance of the GB pig herd, as well as information on production costs and net margins for GB and EU
- Industry Structure – provides information about trends in the size and structure of the GB pig industry, including an interactive map showing the location of auction markets, abattoirs, meat processors and meat traders.
- Published Reports – contains our regular publications about the pig market, including Pig Market Weekly, Pig Market Trends and the Pig & Poultry pocketbook, as well as a range of ad hoc reports analysing different aspects of the market.
- News – keeps you up to date on the latest domestic and international pig market news and analysis provided by AHDB Market Intelligence
- Risk Management – contains a short guide to show the various ways in which producers can manage their feed costs.