Human Resources Toolkit
The HR toolkit is an online support tool for managers and owners. Made up of resources including downloadable templates, podcasts, and links to other helpful websites. The HR toolkit templates are editable in order to be relevant for any business.
The AHDB Pork human resources toolkit contains:
- New staff induction manual template – the induction manual template is designed for improving the induction of new staff by providing them with all the information they may need in their new role
- Skills matrix – the skills matrix document is an on-farm tool to record training and skills, and help identify the areas where more training is needed
- Skills matrix explanation document – support document for using the skills matrix
- Appraisal form template – this template can be used to capture outcomes from staff appraisals and support staff running appraisals
- Risk assessment template – this template can help you to identify risks and hazards associated with the day-to-day running of the unit
- Health and safety for pig keepers – AHDB Pork’s guide to health and safety on pig units.
- Employment Law Podcast - Top Tips – ACAS employment law specialists give a few top tips for Employers and Employees to remember.
- For more information on Employment law visit the ACAS website
- Person specification template – this template is to support the recruitment process and can work alongside the job description to map knowledge, skills and experience required.