The AHDB Pork soil management plan can help outdoor producers assess the risk of soil erosion and damage to land occupied by pigs and identify suitable measures to prevent and record this.
The plan is a working document for farmers to use before moving onto a new site, during occupancy and, finally, on vacation of the site. This will demonstrate diligence to landlords, regulators and inspectors.
- Soil Management Plan for Outside Pig Keepers
- Good Soil Management Practice for Outside Pig Keepers
- Download Land Management Plan
- Soil management video clips for outdoor pig units on the AHDB Practical Pig App
- Think Soils guide from the Environment Agency
- Soils information gateway on the AHDB website see
- Simply Sustainable Soils guide from Linking Environment and Farming (LEAF)
- Tried and Tested nutrient management plan
- Value of manures and slurries information from AHDB Pork
- Field drainage guide – Principles, installation and maintenance