This section gives you access to all of our regular and ad hoc publications about the pig meat market. Latest and back issues of our weekly and monthly publications can be accessed through the menu.
The Exports Bulletin provides updates on news relevant to UK exporters of pig meat.
The UK Pig Meat Market Update gives a monthly overview of the main developments in the UK market, covering prices (UK and EU), production, international trade, consumption and the feed market.
Pig Market Trends is our main monthly market publication, with an update on market developments in the UK and EU, along with a number of more detailed articles providing analysis and insight about particular issues affecting the UK and global pig market.
Pig Market Weekly provides the latest news and analysis of the UK, EU and global pig market via an e-mail newsletter. Back issues are available here.
InterPIG is a group of pig economists from the major producing countries in the EU and Brazil, Canada and the US. Each year, the group shares standardised information about physical performance and production costs. This is analysed in a series of annual reports.
- 2015 Pig cost of production in selected countries.pdf
- 2014 Pig Cost of Production in Selected Countries
- 2013 Pig Cost of Production in Selected Countries
- 2012 Pig Cost of Production in Selected Countries
- 2011 Pig Cost of Production in Selected Countries
- 2010 Pig Cost of Production in Selected Countries
- 2009 Pig Cost of Production in Selected Countries
- 2008 Pig Cost of Production in Selected Countries
- 2007 Pig Cost of Production in Selected Countries
- 2006 Pig Cost of Production in Selected Countries
- 2005 Pig Cost of Production in Selected Countries
- EU Cost of Production 2003 - Dec 2004 Edition
Pig & Poultry Pocketbook
The annual pocketbook provides easy access to a range of key statistics about the pig and poultry sectors, including industry structure, production, prices, international trade and consumption.
Reports about different aspects of the GB retail and foodservice markets for pig meat products. This includes quarterly category reports, providing the latest information about retail trends for the main product categories (pork, bacon, sausages and ham)
- Consumer Category Report Spring 2016.pdf
- AHDB Pork - Consumer Category Report Dec 2015.pdf
- AHDB Pork Consumer Category Report - August 2015.pdf
- BPEX Consumer Category Report March 2015.pdf
- BPEX Quarterly Category Report October 2014
- BPEX Quarterly Category Report May 2014
- BPEX Quarterly Category Report August 2014
- BPEX Quarterly Category Report January 2014
- BPEX Quarterly Category Report November 2013
- BPEX Quarterly Category Report June 2013
- BPEX Quarterly Category Report January 2013
- BPEX Foodservice Bacon Report - January 2013
- BPEX Quarterly Category Report October 2012
- Keep eating red meat the meat advisory panel refutes latest heart health research
- Pork Review September 2010
MeatStats is a series of tables providing a summary of key data about the UK and global meat sector. The tables cover the markets for beef, lamb and poultry meat as well as pork.
Each table contains time series data back to at least 2000 and, in most cases, as far back as 1990. Some tables also include up to two years of quarterly data. MeatStats is updated quarterly, with the annual figures being updated every April.
To download the full set of MeatStats tables, please click here (note: this file is large)
Alternatively, to download any individual table, please click here and then select from the links listed.
- MeatStats 13 - Seasonality of UK MeatMarkets
- MeatStats 12 - Global Trade
- MeatStats 10 - UK Slaughterings and Production
- MeatStats 9 - Global Livestock Numbers
- MeatStats 8 - UK Livestock Numbers
- MeatStats 11 - UK Trade
- MeatStats 7 - UK Abattoirs
- MeatStats 3 - UK Balance Sheet
- MeatStats 4 - Global Balance Sheet
- MeatStats 6 - UK Farm to Retail Price Spreads
- MeatStats 1 - UK Meat and Livestock Facts
- MeatStats 2 - Global Meat and Livestock Facts
- MeatStats 5 - GB Household Retail Purchases
- MeatStats - All Tables (large file)
- MeatStats tables in Excel (zipped)
AHDB Pork Yearbook 2016-17
The AHDB Pork Yearbook details the work being carried out in Knowledge Transfer and Research, Development and Innovation. This covers all the research projects, including those under the innovation fund scheme, an update on the Two Tonne Sow campaign and a section which takes a look at the industry in figures. This includes everything from technical performance trends and cost of production data to carcase weights and average back fat measurements.
Pig Meat and the Environment
Cutting the pig industry's impact
The environmental impact and carbon footprint of English pig production are completely interwoven and the industry is seeking to begin to tackle both at the same time.
These two reports look at the carbon footprint of pig production together with the sustainability of the industry.
They pose many challenges but the industry is already seeking and introducing ways to tackle those challenges.
International Market Reports
Reports analysing international aspects of the pig market, including UK trade with overseas markets and the market impact of EU policy developments, such as the 2013 changes to pig welfare regulations, including the partial ban on sow stalls.
- Market Impact of EU Regulations On Group Housing of Sows
- Sow Stalls Report - October 2012
- BPEX Imports Report - October 2011
- An Analysis of Pork And Pork Products Imported Into The United Kingdom
- Growth in Pig Meat Imports into the UK - An Update For 2005
- A Report on the Growth in Pig Meat Imports into the UK in 2003
Reports analysing developments in the market for pig feed and how they impact on the pig industry and its production costs.
- Structure of the UK pig industry - feed
- The Impact of Feed Costs on the British Pig Industry
- Feed price rises put pressure on pig industry
- Feed COP doc
- Pig Production Costs and Prices
- The Impact of Feed Costs on the English Pig Industry - November 2010
- Pig Production Costs and Prices (1)
- SIRA Takes Assurance to New Level
- Global Feed Commodities Market Report