Pig Industry Scholarship
The Pig Industry Scholarship, launched by the NPA Allied Industry Group, recruits highly-qualified and committed young entrants into the pig industry. The scheme is open to students studying at Harper Adams University in their second year BSc and first year FdSc.
Successful students receive:
- Twelve-month, paid placement with a partner company
- £4,500 scholarship
- Potential further scholarship of £4,500 in the final year (subject to review after placement period)
We are currently recruiting new companies to sponsor future scholarships. For more information about becoming a sponsor, please click here.
Benefits to your business
The Pig Industry Scholarship programme aims to raise the profile of careers in the pig industry and encourage potential new entrants.
- Recruit high-calibre, potential new employees
- Establish a relationship with a student early in year one or two of their studies (final year can be too late to attract the best graduates)
- The placement year gives you a ‘year-long interview’ opportunity
- Harper Adams helps promote your Scholarship to students and raise awareness of your company name at the University
- Financial investment is comparable to advertising in national farming magazines
Applications to become a sponsor close on 5 August and a scholarship fair will take place at Harper Adams University, Shropshire, in October.